Grace North County
by Grace North County
Supporting: North County San Diego Stop Traffic Walk and Event for Phoenix Dream City Foundation - North County Stop Traffic Walk
My Team: Grace North County
29 days left
Grace is a Church that reaches out to people, reaches up to God, and reaches across to impact society for the gospel of Jesus. We want to live out our beliefs in everyday life and be lights for Christ shining brightly in our culture as a message of the hope and help found in Jesus. In partnering with the North County Stop Traffic Walk, we are hoping to help bring light to the darkness of Human trafficking and end this devastating issue plaguing our community.
To learn more about Grace Church North County, please visit their website.
What is the Stop Traffic Walk?
The Stop Traffic North County Walk event
will raise funds for the Dream City Foundation, that
supports one of the nation’s largest human trafficking rescue and
rehabilitation programs. Funds will also go to select
San Diego human trafficking efforts. The funds raised through this
event will help these organizations educate the public on how to identify those
at-risk, work in collaboration with law enforcement to rescue trafficked
individuals, and give rescued survivors the resources, support, and skills
necessary to build a strong and vibrant life.
We will close out the event with the actual walk which is around the perimeter of the park and is less than a mile.
- Guest Speakers from law enforcement, the survivor programs we support, 2021 Stop Traffic Walk Honored Hero Survivor
- Car Show and Scavenger Hunt
- Live demos in fitness and self defense
- Games & Food
- Booths to visit the survivor organizations and community businesses who have a heart for this cause
Meet Our Sponsors
Watch this video to learn more about the incredible work being done at one of the programs we support, the Phoenix Dream Center and StreetLightUSA.
Why should I join this cause?
HUMAN TRAFFICKING. It’s modern-day slavery. And it’s believed to be the third-largest criminal activity in the world.
- There are an estimated 40 million victims of human trafficking, globally. This includes sex exploitation and forced labor.1
- 71% of victims of human trafficking in North America are trafficked for sexual exploitation.2
- 25% of global victims are children under 18.1
- The human trafficking industry counts $150 Billion in profits each year with $99 Billion coming from commercial sex exploitation.1
- Only 1% of individuals trafficked will be rescued.1
Human Trafficking Hits Home
Yes, this nightmare exists here in our own backyard! Here are some shocking statistics.
- According to the University of San Diego Human Trafficking Study, sex trafficking is San Diego's second-largest underground economy after drug trafficking. This represents $810 million in annual revenue.3
- Reports of internet crime against juveniles in San Diego County, which mostly involves sharing illicit photos of minors, which are then shared, trafficked, to others, have tripled since the pandemic.4
- 3,000-8,000 victims are trafficked in San Diego each year.5
According to the FBI, San Diego is ranked one of the 13 worst regions in the United States for human trafficking.5
- Trans border criminal networks are involved in trafficking minors and adults between Mexico and the United States.3
- At least 110 gangs are involved in the commercial exploitation of people (CSEP) and in San Diego, 85% of sex trafficking pimps or facilitators interviewed were involved in a gang.3
Looking for more information?
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about this human rights issue and for being a light in this fight!